Thursday, 1 December
Time: 1800 - 2000 (6:00 - 8:00 PM)
Friday, 2 December
0800 - 1730 (8:00 AM - 4:30 PM)
Location and Accomodations
Holiday Inn on the Bay San Diego **Sold Out**
1355 North Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
Complimentary hotel shuttle service to and from the airport.
The following hotels are within two blocks of the Holiday Inn:
Schedule and Flyer
Summit Schedule (subject to change)
- To educate participants about veterans issues and needs
- Sharing ideas and "best practices"
- Advocate for student veterans
- Highlight opportunities and programs effectively serving veterans
$120.00 - Click on the registration link for more details.
A limited number of scholarships are also available:
- Registration fee scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please register first in order to reserve your place and then apply - scholarship recipients will be notified with registration confirmation.
- Travel scholarships are also available to offset travel costs for counselors or veteran services staff who would otherwise be unable to attend. Please register first in order to reserve your spot - the Chancellor's Office will contact recipients.
- Academic Credit for Military Training and Experience
- Best Practices in Student Services
- Mental Health Issues (Post-Tramatic Stress Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injuries)
- Transitions, Both On and Off Campus, from Military Back to Civilian Life
- Understanding Military Culture
- Best Practices in Veterans Centers
- Basic Skills
- Resources Available - Federal, State, and County
Major General (Ret) Peter James Gravett,
Secretary of the California Department of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Jon Nachison
Clinical Director, Veterans Village of San Diego
Co-Founder, Stand Down
Who Should Attend