Presented by Faculty Association of California Community Colleges Education Institute
Asilomar Conference Grounds
800 Asilomar Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
California Great Teachers Seminar is a high energy, powerful summer retreat that brings faculty together in search of the “great teacher” within themselves. With no experts or keynote speakers, the seminar is based on the principle that faculty are the experts in teaching and learn best from one another.
The Retreat Experience of a Lifetime for Faculty
If you are an educator who seeks to enhance your teaching and ensure greater learning on the part of your students, then this is the perfect seminar for you. Whether you teach full-time or part-time, are a veteran teacher or new to the profession, the California Great Teachers Seminar gives you a unique and powerful opportunity to reflect on what great teaching is all about. Join us for a profoundly simple and powerful experience for learning and growth in the art of teaching.
Goals of the Seminar
- to CELEBRATE good teaching.
- to INSPIRE faculty to venture beyond the limits of our own specializations and environments in search of the universals of teaching
- to DISCOVER effective and innovative approaches to teaching and learning
- to STIMULATE the exchange of information and ideas between faculty by bringing them together
- to REFLECT deeply on our own attitudes, methods, and behaviour as teachers in a supportive and engaging environment
- to RENEW our commitment to student learning and to our profession
Who should attend
- $1,220 FACCC member -per participant, based on double occupancy
- $1,420 non-member - per participant, based on double occupancy
A limited number of single rooms are available for an additional fee of $330
Previous participants have used professional development funds, student equity funds, and SSSP funds to attend many of the programs offered through the Faculty Association of California Community Colleges. We encourage you to check with your local campus for funding of this event.
Seminar Fee Includes
Three nights accommodations and all meals.
For an additional $130, participants can enroll to receive two units of post baccalaureate level credit from Sacramento State College of Continuing Education.Payment for the course will be collected at the seminar.
Course Title: Teaching Strategies for Higher Education Faculty
Cancellations after May 15 are refundable at 50%.
No refunds after June 1. Replaceable attendees are accepted.
Lidia Stoian, Director of Program and Development
916-447-8555 / firstname.lastname@example.org