Counselors Leading: Equity & Guided Pathways
Faculty Association of California Community Colleges Education Institute is proud to present the 2019 Counselors Conference in partnership with City College of San Francisco and Career Ladders Project.
The event will feature best practices and up to date information on issues affecting the counseling profession.
Dr. Jeremiah Sims
” Authentic Care and Equity”
Dr. Sims has devoted his career to the pursuit and ultimate realization of educational equity for hyper-marginalized students. A former community college student, Dr. Sims is an alumni of the University of California, Berkeley where he earned his B.A. in rhetoric as well as an M.A. and Ph.D. in education. He is the author of Revolutionary STEM Education: Critical-Reality Pedagogy and Social Justice in STEM for Black Males and he is currently finishing his second book, Minding the Obligation Gap: Achieving Education Equity in California Community Colleges.
Who Should Attend
- Full and Part-Time Faculty
- Classified Staff
- Student Equity Directors
- Graduate Counseling Students
- Please park in the Upper Reservoir Lot Student Parking off Frida Kahlo Way (formerly Phelan Avenue) next to the Multi-Use Building.
- You will have to cross the street to get to Diego Rivera Theatre.
Link to map:
REGISTRATION is at 9:00 a.m. outside Diego Rivera Theatre
- Please pick up your registration packets at that time for all of the workshop details.
Early Bird Registration Rates
Full-Time Faculty $130
Part-Time Faculty $80
Full-Time Faculty $170
Part-Time Faculty $110
Graduate Students $70
Registration is currently closed. Please call our office at 916-447-8555 if you would like to join us.