Faculty Association of California Community Colleges Education Institute is proud to present the Social Justice Conference on Friday, September 20 at the UCLA Labor Center.
Alberto Retana is the President and CEO of Community Coalition, a nonprofit organization based in South Los Angeles that empowers residents to transform their communities, improve education, and re-imagine public safety. As President and CEO, Alberto has developed initiatives to build Community Coalition into a mass based community organization that involves thousands of South Los Angeles residents in the practice of creating change.
- Social Justice Education Workshop: Connecting Our Classrooms, College and Community.
- LGBTQ+A & Undocumented Alliance: Creating Safe Campus for All!
- Making Social Change: Social Justice, Equity, and the Role of Making Across the Curriculum
- Educate-Motivate-Activate: Empowering Students in Becoming Action Based Learners and Activists
Continental breakfast and lunch are included with your registration.
Full-Time Faculty – $150
Part-Time Faculty – $90
Full-Time Faculty – $170
Part-Time Faculty – $120
In front of building (Street cleaning is Fridays 12-3 on alternate sides.)
Pay Parking Lots
- Cement Building, 2404 Wilshire Blvd; Athena Parking, 2509 Wilshire Blvd; Athena Parking, 611 S Carondelet
The UCLA Downtown UCLA Labor Center is located near several bus and rail lines:
- Metro 18, 603, 487/489, 26/51/52/352, 200, 720, 20
- Metro Rail Red and Purple Lines to Westlake/MacArthur Park Station – walk west across MacArthur Park to 675 S Park View St
- Foothill Transit 481
From the UCLA campus, take a bus or shuttle to Wilshire/Westwood:
- Big Blue Bus 2, 3, 8, or 12 from UCLA Hilgard Terminal (Hilgard/Strathmore) to Wilshire/Westwood
- UCLA Wilshire Center Express to Wilshire Center, then walk two blocks to Wilshire/Westwood
At Wilshire/Westwood (SE corner), board Metro Rapid Line 720 (Commerce Center) heading east, to Wilshire/Alvarado. Walk west across MacArthur Park to 675 S Park View St.